Setting You Up for Success in Your Recovery
It can be hard to get back to your day-to-day activities after you’ve been hospitalized due to illness, injury, or surgery. That’s why we offer the Transitional Swing Bed Care program.
The Prosser Memorial Health Transitional Swing Bed Care Program is designed to provide patients with individualized in-hospital care and physical rehabilitation with the goal of helping them reach a maximum level of function. This program is designed for patients who are discharged from acute care but who need temporary additional supportive care that can’t be provided at home.
Through a combination of rehabilitative therapies, medical care, and nursing care, patients gain the function they need to achieve their maximum level of independence in a caring, supportive environment.
Consult your physician or contact us at 509-786-6627 to determine whether you qualify for Transitional Swing Bed Care.
When you are in our Transitional Swing Bed Care program, you will have access to many skilled healthcare professionals dedicated to your care:
- Physicians are available on-site and on-call 24/7 to provide care.
- Nurses assist with individualized daily care and help you transition into and out of the program.
- Rehabilitation specialists provide physical, occupational, and speech therapy to help you reach your goals.
- Dieticians work with patients and the care team to determine nutritional needs and provide nutritional education to patients and caregivers.
- Social workers provide psychological support, coordinate discharge and after-care, and help arrange transport to follow-up appointments after your stay.
- Pharmacists are available for medication consultation 24/7.
Your entire care team will be involved in planning and coordinating your discharge from our Transitional Swing Bed Care program. You may meet with our physical and occupational therapy teams to learn strategies to help you succeed at home.
This is how we care.
Around here, caring means more than exceptional medical care at world-class facilities. Care goes beyond the doctor’s office, the hospital, or the HIPAA agreement. To us, care is personal—from the gut, and from the heart. It’s about coming together to mend spirits with personal connections every day.